The Job Evaluation Group (JEG) has recently noticed some drafting errors in profiles, as well as changes to job requirements which are no longer reflected in the existing profiles.
The NHS Staff Council Executive has given the JEG permission to carry out a review of profiles to ensure they are up-to-date and fit for purpose.
JEG will undertake work on this in a systematic way.
Requests for reviewing a national profile should be made by submitting the attached template to Eleanor Ransom, Job Evaluation and Equal Pay manager, NHS Employers ( email to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The JEG Profile Group will then consider the points raised and make any amendments considered necessary, feeding back accordingly.
The amended profile will then be submitted to the NHS Staff Council Executive for agreement. Once agreed by all interested parties, the amended profile will be published.
Criteria for a review on a national profile:
- where the qualifications in the KTE factor have been superseded by different ones
- where the wording in the profile makes it difficult to match
- where the profile refers to practices no longer relevant
- where there are gaps in the rationales used to illustrate the factor level given
- where there are mistakes in the bold statements, rationales or factor levels
- where the wording for a factor requires more clarity or explanation
- any other technical issue not covered above.
The development of profiles (from the JE Handbook)
The current steps in the development of a profile are as follows:
- completion of Job Analysis Questionnaire (JAQ) by jobholder(s), usually with the assistance of job analyst(s) to ensure all information is included and accurate
- evaluation of JAQ(s), initially by joint evaluation panels, but for more recently completed JAQs by the JEWP/JEG profile sub-group ('the profile group')
- draft profile prepared on basis of JAQ(s) and reviewed by whole profile group to ensure consistency of assessment against factor level definitions and other similar profiles
- distribution via the Executive of NHS Staff Council to interested parties for comment
- consideration of comments by profile group and revision of profile
- submission of revised profile to NHS Staff council Executive for agreement to publish, or possible return to profile group, with questions of comments for further review.
If you have any queries please contact Eleanor Ransom, Job Evaluation and Equal Pay manager: email@example.com