15 / 4 / 2014 9.59am
This page contains guidance on frequently asked questions on Consultant doctor contracts.
This document outlining frequently asked questions provides further advice and guidance on the consultant contract.
It covers the following topics:
- Backdating salary and pay progression
- Clinical excellence awards
- Directors of public health
- Fee paying services
- Job planning
- London weighting
- New appointments
- On call supplement
- Payment for programmed activities
- Annual leave and study leave
- Bank and public holiday working
- Clinical academics
- Cover for colleagues absent through sickness
- Part time consultants
- Payment for additional programmed activities
- Payment for additional responsibilities and extra contractual duties
- Dual qualification
- Overseas experience
- GP principal experience
This document was published in March 2009.