25 / 3 / 2014 2.40pm
Whether it's carrying out an equality impact assessment, developing a single equality scheme or securing board support for their work, our case studies give you details of what trusts are already doing in this area.
They give you an overview of the project and its aims, the measures and/or results, and contact details at the trust for you to find out more.
You can also speak to one of our Equality and Diversity Partners who we work with to drive the diversity agenda, as well as further embed equality and diversity in their organisation.
Some of the examples from our website include:
- University College London Hospitals (UCLH) - UCLH has developed a persuasive scenario to underpin its business case for workforce diversity that quantifies the financial costs of not proactively managing diversity, alongside the added benefits if it does.
- Lewisham PCT - this trust developed a business planning framework for its single equality scheme (SES) to mainstream it into the organisation's business planning.
- London Ambulance Service - LAS carried out an equality impact assessment (EqIA) for the 2012 Olympics, to inform its business planning for the games.
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust - this trust created its own benchmarking process, comparing it to other public sector organisations outside health, to measure the profile of its staff more accurately. It has now set itself new targets to enhance workforce diversity.
- NHS North East region - twenty three trusts worked together to develop a SES template through the SHA's Equality and Human Rights Network, which formed the basis of a comprehensive action plan on equality and diversity.