03 / 6 / 2014 Midday
Equality Delivery System 2 is here...
NHS England and the Equality and Diversity Council (EDC) have developed new resources to support NHS organisations in their implementation of the Equality Delivery System (EDS2). They include:
- a summary report template
- easy read documents
- three minute animation video that explains (to a wide ranging target audience) what EDS2 is and how it should be implemented.
The Equality Delivery System (EDS) was originally rolled out to the NHS in July 2011 and formally launched in November 2011. The EDS is a toolkit and framework for assessing how NHS organisations are performing with regard to equality, diversity and human rights; how they can improve; and how they get to where they want to be.
You can watch the animation and download the template and easy read documents on the NHS England EDS2 equality hub website.
Key EDS documents
You can download the following documents here or visit the NHS England website.
1. EDS2 Nov 2013
2. Q&A EDS Refresh Nov 2013
3. EDS Main Policy Text Feb 2012
4. EDS Grades Manual Feb 2012
5. EDS Easy Read Grading Instructions May 2012
6. EDS Easy Read Grading Questionnaire May 2012
7. EDS Fact Sheet Nov 2012
8. EDS Statement of Costs and Benefits 290711
9. EDS Evaluation Final Report 291012
10. EDS Evaluation Case Studies 291012
11. Website EDS SP write up 0514
12. Workforce Race Equality Standard
Further information and resources
If you would like further information about the EDS, please contact:
Dr Habib Naqvi (Senior Equality Manager, NHS England) firstname.lastname@example.org or
Paul Deemer (Equality and Diversity Team, NHS Employers) email@example.com or 07789653511