07 / 10 / 2009 3.59pm
Personalised care planning may represent a significant cultural shift in the way that health and social care professionals currently work. It could require the development of new skills such as motivational interviewing skills.
The personalised care planning journey has three phases: preparing, planning and maintaining.
Our e-learning toolkit shows health and social care professionals how they can support and guide individuals with long term conditions. It also shows the steps individuals with long term conditions may take to achieve ownership and responsibility for their health.
The e-learning toolkit contains modules that cover:
- understanding personalised care planning
- promoting the personalised care planning process
- conducting personalised care planning consultations
- helping health and social care professionals with the planning process
- developing an individual's plan
- reviewing an individuals personal care plan.
The e-learning toolkit now available via the Core Learning Unit website.
Please note that the content of this resource is currently being reviewed to reflect the recent change in Government.
For further information on personalised care planning contact: Longtermconditions@dh.gsi.gov.uk