27 / 6 / 2014 Midnight
This page outlines the enhanced services changes for 2014/15.
NHS Employers and the General Practitioners Committee (GPC) agreed the following enhanced services changes for 2014/15.
- The Patient Participation scheme will be extended for a further year with the requirement to carry out a local survey removed. This is due to the introduction of the Friends and Family Test.
- The Extended Hours Access scheme will be extended for a further year with a number of flexibilities included to allow practices to work together to provide the most appropriate service for their patients.
- The Dementia, Alcohol and Learning Disabilities will be extended for a further year with some changes made.
- A new one year scheme for Avoiding Unplanned Admissions: proactive case finding and care review for vulnerable people - a programme of action for general practice and clinical commissioning groups. The Read2 and CTV3 codes for this service are included in the ‘Technical requirements for 2014/15 contract changes’ document. This document has been updated to include further information to support this enhanced service.
The new Avoiding Unplanned Admissions ES aims to:
- provide timely telephone access, via ex-directory or bypass number, to relevant clinicians and providers to support decisions relating to hospital transfers or admissions, in order to reduce avoidable hospital admissions or A&E attendances
- proactively case manage vulnerable patients (both those with physical and mental health conditions) through developing, sharing and regularly reviewing personalised care plans, including identifying a named accountable GP and care coordinator
- improve access to telephone or, where required, consultation appointments for patients identified in this service who have urgent enquiries
- work with hospitals to review and improve hospital discharge processes, sharing relevant information and whole system commissioning action points to help inform commissioning decisions
- undertake internal reviews of unplanned admissions or readmissions or A&E attendances.
Find the following Avoiding Unplanned Admissions templates below:
A set of FAQs has been developed to support commissioners in delivery of the GMS contract. The FAQs can be found on our Enhanced Services (ES) FAQs page.