10 / 9 / 2015 Midnight
Across the NHS we're aware of numerous examples of successful partnership working with Jobcentre Plus (JCP) - learn more by taking a look at the best practice examples contained in our case study library
There have been a whole host of benefits cited that result from linking with JCP, which include:
- Efficiency savings - all services accessed via JCP are 100% cost-free!
- Shortened recruitment timescales
- Improved candidate suitability and assists with recruiting for values
- Improved retention rates
- Support with delivery of pre-employment and work experience programmes
- Widening pool of potential applicants
- Maximising access to local job seekers to better ensure the demographic of your workforce is reflective of that of your local community (read more about how this links to the equality and diversity agenda on our dedicated webpages)
- Commitment to corporate social responsibility agenda - as a public sector employer, and the largest employer in Europe, the NHS has a duty to increase employment opportunities for young people, those from multi-disadvantaged groups, and the long-term unemployed.
We're always keen to hear of innovative approaches to recruitment that involve working in partnership with JCP. If you have a success story to tell then please get in touch to help us spread the learning, contact email@example.com.
How do I find out more?
Across our webpages, we've tried to provide you with signposts to the services JCP can offer, highlight best practice examples, and answer some of the frequently asked questions concerning partnership working.
We've also produced a handy guide to working in partnership with JCP which provides an at a glance overview of the benefits of linking with your local Jobcentre. To access this resource, please click here.
Our new, more detailed briefing explains how partnership with JCP can help you to address workforce supply issues. It includes examples from NHS organisations who have benefited from working with JCP. Download Jobcentre Plus: Supporting the NHS and the Community.
We hope you find the information on these pages helpful but if you can't find what you're looking for then please do let us know.
Taking the first steps
We're all too aware that setting up new relationships and ways of working can be daunting to start with. It's often difficult to know where to begin in making those initial links and knowing who to contact to get the ball rolling. Within NHS Employers we have links to colleagues from across JCP who specialise in supporting the NHS with recruitment and retention challenges - if you're keen to explore how partnership working could benefit your organisation then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist.