25 / 11 / 2015 2.35pm
Whilst Jobcentre Plus (JCP) offer a bespoke service and can tailor processes to meet your specific needs, as a minimum you can generally expect the following:
- A dedicated recruitment specialist as a point of contact for the duration of the recruitment project.
- An agreed project plan outlining a service level agreement specific to your needs.
- Joint advertising campaigns utilising online social media channels and virtual jobs fairs, in addition to offline marketing through information sessions.
- Support for customers in completing online or offline job applications.
- Sifting and screening of applications completed on behalf of the employer.
- Literacy and numeracy testing and assessment sessions.
- Interview preparation for customers.
- Clear agreed communications to unsuccessful customers.
By working in partnership with JCP, NHS organisations are also able to access a wealth of support packages, all of which are available under the Government's Get Britain Working initiative:
- Pre-employment training through a local college which is tailored to meet your needs.
- Apprenticeships through the National Apprenticeship Service which can be a cost-effective means of creating a skilled, flexible and motivated workforce.
- Offer employers an option of work experience for up to 8 weeks during which time the customers will continue to receive their benefits.
Access our briefing which explains how partnership with JCP can help you to address workforce supply issues. It includes examples from NHS organisations who have benefited from working with JCP. Download Jobcentre Plus: Supporting the NHS and the Community.
Our webinar looked at how working with JCP can help employers. The presentation highlights some of the practical and free support available and outline how JCP can help organisations to:
- target and find young people
- assess their suitability
- prepare them for the work place
- provide access to a range of opportunities
Download the slides from the webinar
Read more about what JCP can do for you on our dedicated Get Britain Working web pages.