We have developed a range of blogs, podcasts and case studies highlighting best practice in the delivery of apprenticeships across the NHS. You may find these helpful when thinking about how you can improve and increase the range of apprenticeships your organisation offers.
- A new world of apprenticeships - a blog by Candace Miller, executive director at Skills for Health, who explains why it is a privilege to work with people committed to making apprenticeships a success in the NHS.
- A blog from Richard Agan, senior medical electronics technician at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, who reflects on how the apprenticeship he started 10 years ago enabled him to develop skills and confidence necessary to progress his career in the NHS.
- Mature apprentices bring more than just skills - Alison Drage, Head of Integrated Education at Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, talks about the benefits mature apprentices have brought to their services.
- New apprenticeship opportunities - Danny Mortimer, chief executive at NHS Employers, reflects on the achievements of apprenticeships across the NHS and looks ahead to the future.
- Trust gains from key skills - Carol Forde-Johnston, nurse education lead at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, outlines how apprenticeships helped to develop key skills across their workforce.
- Apprenticeships having a positive impact - Theresa Nelson, chief officer for workforce development at Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, gives an overview of how apprenticeships are having a positive impact.
- Apprentices contribute to both clinical and non-clinical roles - John Rogers, chief executive at Skills for Health, looks at how apprenticeships have developed and the contribution they make to both clinical and non-clinical roles.
To help you find the most relevant case study, we have grouped our case studies under the following key areas:
Developing your current workforce
Working in partnership with Jobcentre Plus
Employing young people
Apprenticeships in healthcare science roles