01 / 3 / 2016 Midnight
NHS organisations that would like to be more engaged with their reservist employees and show their public commitment to supporting the Armed Forces may consider attaining an Employer Recognition Scheme award. There are three levels of award that your organisation can be nominated for; bronze, silver and gold. If you are interested in being nominated for any of the awards, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can offer advice and apply on your behalf.
To be nominated for a bronze award, your organisation must satisfy the following requirements:
- employ at least one member of the Armed Forces community
- promote being Armed Forces-friendly and are open to employing reservists, Armed Forces veterans (including the wounded, injured and sick), cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
As a bronze award holder, you will receive an electronic certificate and logos to add to your organisations website, celebrating its commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community.
To be nominated for a silver award, your organisation must:
- demonstrate support for service personnel issues and employ at least one member of the Armed Forces community
- actively communicate and uphold a positive stance towards reservist employees via established HR policies and procedures
- show flexibility towards annual training commitments and mobilisation of reservist employees, as well as support the employment of cadet instructors, Armed Forces veterans (including wounded, injured and sick) and military spouses/partners
- are required to sign the Armed Forces Covenant and employ at least one member of the Armed Forces community.
If your organisation wishes to be nominated for a silver award, get in touch with us before the 22 April 2016 and we can apply on your behalf. If awarded, your organisation will collect their certificate at a regional awards ceremony, and will receive logos to put on your website to celebrate its commitment to the Armed Forces community.
To be nominated for a gold award, your organisation must:
- proactively advocate and support defence, communicating their commitment both internally to employees and externally to the wider community through established policies and examples of support
- takes a positive stance towards all service personnel during recruitment
- enable reservists to fulfil their annual training and mobilisation commitments
- demonstrate significant support for cadet instructors, Armed Forces veterans (including wounded, injured and sick) and military spouses/partners
- are required to sign the Armed Forces covenant and employ at least one member of the Armed Forces community.
In order to be nominated, your organisation must have a third party make the application by 30 June 2016. If awarded, you will be able to collect your award at a prestigious national event and receive gold logos to display on your website.
For more information
Find out more about the Employer Recognition Scheme including if your organisation has an award or get in touch with the reservists team by emailing email@example.com