Our toolkits have been carefully developed to help you improve health and wellbeing in your organisation. They are packed full of information, guidance, case studies, tips, checklists and offer practical support.
This toolkit aims to support the NHS to improve staff health and wellbeing by providing practical tips and step-by-step information on how to implement the six pieces of National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) workplace guidance. It includes sections on long-term sickness, mental wellbeing, obesity, smoking and physical activity. It also provides information on:
- what the NICE guidance says
- why it’s important to take action
- what national research tells us
- suggested recommendations and approaches
- a checklist of practical ways to implement the guidance
- top tips from our health and wellbeing network
- case studies, resources and useful links.
How are you feeling? Emotional wellbeing toolkit
It’s easier to recognise someone’s physical wellbeing than their emotional wellbeing. We also find it much easier to engage in conversations about physical health, but often find talking about emotional wellbeing to be more of a challenge. This easy to use resource has been developed with NHS staff to:
- help bridge a gap in understanding and enable us to talk openly and regularly about emotional health
- assess the impact emotional wellbeing has on ourselves, our colleagues and on our patients
- enable us to action plan to enable more good days than bad.
This resource can help staff to check their own wellbeing or speak to and support colleagues with their emotional wellbeing. It also provides resources and signposting, no matter how you are feeling. Start using the tool now.
Sickness absence toolkit
The sickness absence toolkit has been developed to further improve the management of staff sick leave in the NHS. ‘Everything you need to know about sickness absence’ is designed to help managers support staff with a confident and consistent approach to sickness absence.
The online tool provides step-by-step information about what to do when staff call in sick, plus practical advice on some of the common reasons for sickness absence and information on what to do if staff are frequently off sick.