The national HR Professional Development Strategy (PDS) supports the development of the NHS HR profession and aims to promote the impact and influence of NHS workforce leaders.
We have developed a range of products, podcasts and case studies highlighting progress, achievements and best practice in the delivery of professional development across the NHS. You may find these helpful when thinking about how you can support your own or your team’s professional development.
- NHS HR Professional Development Strategy Stocktake Report – this report details the outcomes of the Aspirant Director of Workforce Career Development Programme. The work was undertaken by NHS Employers to promote NHS HR, social media activities and regional activities that are taking place within HR Director networks to support NHS HR professional development.
- The aspirant director of workforce career development programme - a 12-month training plan to help aspirant HR directors take the next step in their career.
- Director of workforce role remit – a broad job specification for this key role.
- Map of influence – looks at why it is important to have a director of workforce on the board and the key stakeholders they would work with both internally and externally to the organisation.
- The importance of NHS workforce leaders - Nicky Ingham, director of workforce and organisational development, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals and HR Director network chair within the North West discusses the need to innovate and promote the HR profession in the NHS.
Join our conversation on Twitter, to keep up to date with the latest on NHS HR professional development and the NHS Professional Development Strategy.
We're using #NHSfutureHR to discuss NHS HR professional development online, so join in and tell us why you are proud to be a HR professional and what your aspirations are for the future.