Step into Health
Step into Health Network
Join our bi-monthly Step into Heath network to check in with the Step into Health team and connect with other pledged NHS organisations.
The sessions will address a specific aspect of the Step into Health programme. Each session will cover a dedicated theme and cover topics such as; connecting with Armed Forces organisations, work placements, delivering insight days and promoting Step into Health in an ICS environment.
We aim to encourage open conversation between NHS organisations across England and Wales and welcome all who are pledged to the programme to network and share experiences, successes and challenges when delivering Step into Health.
Surgeries are run bi-monthly and last 60 minutes. They are hosted by the Step into Health team via Microsoft Teams.
Upcoming network meetings
- Our next Step into Health Network call will take place on 11 October 2023 from 11am-midday.
- Our guest speaker is Melanie Vaughan, CTP assist manager at Career Transition Partnership. We will be discussing how you can support medically discharged members of the Armed Forces community into your NHS workforce.
If you’d like to suggest a future theme or discussion topic for the sessions, please email email@example.com.
To receive communications and invites to all Step into Health network sessions, sign up via our form.
Armed Forces reservists programme
Our Community Connect networking sessions bring together NHS Armed Forces reservist champions with representatives from military units and supporting organisations.
They provide a space to share ideas, experiences and good practice, and to discuss the challenges faced when supporting reservists and members of the Armed Forces community in the workplace.
Community Connect is hosted virtually, using Microsoft Teams. Anyone within the NHS is eligible to attend if they have an interest in supporting the Armed Forces community.
Join our sessions to:
- make contacts and network with regional Armed Forces representatives
- share good practice and feedback on your organisation's Armed Forces agenda
- hear updates from our Armed Forces reservists programme team
- share details of local insight days, recruitment events and other relevant meetings
- improve the support you offer reservists and Armed Forces community employees
- build your reputation as a forces-friendly employer.
Upcoming Community Connect sessions
- Thursday 21 September 2023, 10:30am-midday
Our September session will be a celebratory event, recognising the fantastic number of NHS trusts achieving gold or silver accreditation in this year’s Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) awards.
- Gold Award: Emily Bird, Widening Participation Officer - Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Silver Award: Jacqui Broomhall, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Workforce Supply Lead - Mid Chesire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The session will also feature a Q&A with colleagues from Defence Relationship Management (DRM), who will outline further details and benefits of the ERS programme.
To receive invitations to our full programme of reservist engagement events, including Community Connect, sign up via our reservists registration form.
If you have an idea for a theme or discussion, email firstname.lastname@example.org.