The OD capability model illustrates the areas that make a difference in building capability. It can be used as a tool for reflection, self-assessment and action planning.
Since the launch of our model we have tested it widely with the OD community and have developed two downloadable resources that make the model easy to access and use.
- Download the Do OD App to use the model digitally and carry out an interactive self-assessment.
- View a word version of the Do OD Capability model for use on your own, with your team and with other OD colleagues.
About the Do OD Capability Model
The model covers nine themes, under three areas and focuses on:
- purpose – including our impact, clarity and coherence
- practice – including our competence, identity and confidence
- presence – including our power, profile and positioning.
At the heart of the model is our self as an instrument of change, drawing on our agency, instrumentality and passion as practitioners of OD.
We’ll be continuing our conversations about capability through the regional OD networks and under the umbrella of our Do OD Capability Group. If you’d like to be involved in the work of that group please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also email us if you’re interested in sharing a story of how you or your team are using the Do OD Capability model. We’d love to hear from you.