06 / 03 / 2019
As part of the Learning Disability Employment Programme (LDEP), the National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) facilitated two webinars to help support NHS organisations to employ more people with a learning disability.
This webinar provides practical support to those involved in recruiting and retaining people with a learning disability and/or autism. It provides guidance on:
- job design, job carving and job evaluation using the NHS framework
- accessible recruitment
- reasonable adjustments
- Access to Work
- in-work support and career development.
We recommend that you also read the supporting resources which include an Employers Guide to Supported Employment, Employers Guide to Supported Employment Executive Summary, Employers Roadmap and webinar slides for future reference.
Recruiting a diverse workforce – Learning Disability Employment Programme from NHS Employers on Vimeo.
Please share your views on this webinar by taking a very short survey.
Until the 30 April 2019, NHS employers can benefit from tailored expert support from the National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) and the National Autistic Society to improve their recruitment and retention rates for staff with a learning disability and/or autism. This support is available to organisations who have signed up to the LDEP pledge or are interested in doing so.
The support will also contribute to how you can evidence progress against the indicators of disability equality for the Workforce Disability Equality Standard and can assist with a range of issues which include:
- creating or developing your LDEP action plan
- understanding reasonable adjustments and best practice guidance around supported employment
- changes to policies and processes to improve recruitment and retention for people with a learning disability and/or autism
- support to attract and retain staff with learning disability and/or autism
- connecting you with other organisations who can support you.
You can receive this support by emailing email@example.com with your name, organisation and the issue or challenge you are facing. All requests will be followed up within two working days.