16 / 12 / 2019
Thus case study from Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust describes the improvement journey of the trust, making significant improvements in quality and staff experience over recent years.
It has implemented a programme called Patient First, which supports staff to make improvements and has also taken action to improve staff engagement in areas including health and wellbeing. The trust recognises staff achievements through an awards scheme.
Key benefits and outcomes
- Staff are more empowered to take ownership, solve problems and improve their performance.
- BSUH has become the most improved acute trust in the UK for its NHS Staff Survey results 2018.
- Communication and morale across teams has improved.
- The trust was removed from both financial and quality special measures.
- Following a Care Quality Commission inspection in 2018 the trust received a rating of Good, the fastest and most significant improvement of any organisation to date.