27 / 02 / 2020
Read our legal collaborator Capsticks' guidance document which rounds up feedback from sessions it held on ‘Improving People Practice’ with NHS HR Professionals.
This paper sets out a summary of the discussions and ideas around the practical implementation of the recommendations set out in Chair of NHS Improvement, Baroness Dido Harding's letter on 24 May 2019.
The document provides a useful guide for those who are focusing on how to implement the recommendations.
It sets out the key points of discussion against each of the seven recommendations in that letter, including:
- Adhering to best practice
- Applying a rigorous decision-making methodology
- Ensuring people are fully trained and competent
- Assigning sufficient resources
- Decisions relating to implementation of suspensions or exclusion
- Safeguarding people’s health and wellbeing
- Board-level oversight
Download and read the document.