15 / 09 / 2020
Watch the recording of our webinar and find out what funding is available to support you to train nursing apprentices. Hear good practice from University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust about how they've used nurse degree apprenticeships within their organisations.
- Heidi Williams, Programme Lead, NHS Employers
- Anita Esser, Head of Wider Healthcare Teams Education, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Ian Joy, Associate Director of Nursing, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Download a copy of the webinar slides.
Guidance mentioned on the webinar
- What is a NEW apprentice?
According to this gov.uk guidance on page 4, paragraph 8 ‘ The apprentice must be a new employee to the business, have a contract of employment start date between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 (inclusive) and must not have been employed by the employer within the six months prior to the contract start date.’ You therefore may want to consider people that have undertaken a pre-employment programme at your trust as a potential pipeline.
- The change of date for the expression of interest means that we will not be able to shortlist and interview in time to get people on board for next February, with the Open University (which is a national university, with national dates for paperwork, etc. and our university of choice for this). What can we do about this?
The OU will extend the deadline for intakes. If you have any further questions around the nurse degree funding place contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a number of workforce supply webinars coming up which may also be of interest.
If you have any questions about the webinar, please contact email@example.com