01 / 02 / 2021
Nurses arriving to the UK from across the globe are faced with the challenge of adapting to working in the NHS and adjusting to a new culture, while supporting the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This resource, created by NHS England and NHS Improvement, with the support of NHS Employers and the unions, provides a collection of national resources and guidance to support your international nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The resource includes sections on:
- traveling to the UK and getting your COVID-19 vaccination
- the risk assessment process and wearing personal protective equipment
- national health and wellbeing resources
- redeployment, training and development
- objective structured clinical examination support
- joining the Nursing and Midwifery Council temporary register
- visa extensions
- raising concerns
- support from staff networks, trade unions and international nursing associations.
Access the information for international nurses during COVID-19 to find out what resources and information is available to you to support your transition to the UK.