25 / 02 / 2021
Watch our video presentation discussing the recent changes made to UK Code of Practice for international recruitment.
In a question-and-answer-style recording, Adele Bunch (programme lead for domestic and international workforce supply at NHS Employers), speaks with Gail Marzetti (head of international workforce at the Department of Health and Social Care) and Duncan Burton (director of international nurse recruitment at NHS England and Improvement) to discuss changes to the Code and what it means for ethical international recruitment.
This presentation includes:
- what the Code of Practice is and how it aligns to the World Health Organization (WHO) list of countries
- the definition and examples of active recruitment
- the role of NHS Employers in maintaining the list of agencies
- what the Code of Practice means for employers across health and care and actions that are needed
- a representation of how the nursing sector views the revised Code of Practice.
Further information, including a link to the new Code of Practice and FAQ’s can be found on our Code of Practice for international recruitment page.