22 / 04 / 2021
In this case study, learn how Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust transformed its international recruitment model by adopting a person-centered approach and lead recruiter model.
Key benefits of the trust’s approach include:
- zero ward nurse vacancies
- agency costs reduced from £250,000 to £33,000 per calendar month
- turnover rate and sickness absence were both reduced by half, while receiving some of the best NHS staff survey results in England for an acute trust
- lead recruitment model supports collaborative recruitment across 15 trusts and has supported the arrival of 1,400 nurses and 50 radiographers since 2018
- a person-centred approach proved to be resilient enough to withstand the restrictions on international travel by COVID-19.
Find further information on our website about international recruitment and the changes to international recruitment as a result of COVID-19.