For the network to achieve its aims and deliver the priorities set out in our strategic overview we need men as allies, working with us and supporting and influencing on our behalf.
If you are a male leader or aspiring leader working in the health and care sector and are keen to support the network, we would like to encourage you to commit to as many of the pledges below as possible.
- I will raise awareness of the benefits brought by a diverse leadership team.
- I will encourage different models of working.
- I will challenge ingrained behaviours and assumptions within my own organisation and the wider NHS.
- I will not make assumptions about the barriers people face and will ask them instead.
- I will support the professional development of all colleagues.
Men as allies report
These pledges were developed from the recommendations in our March 2019 Men as allies report. The report was compiled following conversations with a number of male senior leaders who shared their views on the barriers facing women getting to leadership roles in the NHS and how those can be overcome. It also includes contributions from a Tweet chat held by the network on the topic of men as allies in January 2019.
Continue the conversation
The network is keen to progress the men as allies conversation. If you have examples of good practice or change, that either your organisation or you personally have made, please do get in touch.
Hear more from the network
If you want to hear more from the network, including information about our upcoming events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details on how we handle your personal data can be found in our privacy notice and you may opt out from communications from us at any time.