The national HR Professional Development Strategy (PDS) supports the development of the NHS HR profession and aims to promote the impact and influence of NHS workforce leaders.
We have developed a range of products, podcasts and case studies highlighting progress, achievements and best practice in the delivery of professional development across the NHS. You may find these helpful when thinking about how you can support your own or your team’s professional development.
- Aspirant Director of Workforce scheme launches on 24 June 2019 - Following the success of the first three cohorts, NHS Employers is working in partnership with NHS Leadership Academy Executive Search to deliver the fourth cohort of the national Aspirant Director of Workforce scheme. If you think you could be one of the 15 aspiring directors in our next cohort then all the information you need to apply is available on our website.
- Professional Development Strategy end of year report 2018/19 - highlights the work that NHS Employers’ National Engagement Service has supported for the PDS, including a summary of recent regional PDS activity, to share learning and good practice.
- NHS HR Professional Development Strategy Stocktake Report – this report details the outcomes of the first three cohorts of the Aspirant Director of Workforce Career Development Programme, and regional activities that took place within HR Director networks during 2017/18, to support NHS HR professional development.
- Director of workforce role remit – a broad job specification for this key role.
- Map of influence – looks at why it is important to have a director of workforce on the board and the key stakeholders they would work with both internally and externally to the organisation.
- Professional development strategy: implementing the map of influence and role remit - in this podcast three colleagues from North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust talk about the benefits of the Director of Workforce role remit and map of influence resources.
Join our conversation on Twitter, to keep up to date with the latest on NHS HR professional development and the NHS Professional Development Strategy.
We're using #NHSfutureHR to discuss NHS HR professional development online, so join in and tell us why you are proud to be a HR professional and what your aspirations are for the future.