The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group (EDIG) is a national technical group of the NHS Staff Council and works to deliver the equality agenda. The EDIG works in partnership and prepares an annual work programme which is agreed by the executive of the NHS Staff Council.
You can find more information in the terms of reference.
The employer representatives who sit on the EDIG are listed below.
- Swarnjit Singh (employer representatives chair) - Trust Corporate Secretary, Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Balwinder Everitt and Michelle Dunne - EDI Managers, NHS Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group
- Balwinder Kaur - Equality and Inclusion Manager, Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust
- Caroline Bamford - Head of Equality and Diversity, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Fundation Trust
- Chris Rowlands, Head of Equality and Diversity, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Dave Corbin - Head of Equality and Diversity, Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust
- Gordon Smith - Equality and Inclusion Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospital NHS Trust
- Harjit Bansal - Head of Equality and Diversity, North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT)
- Paul Singh - Equality and Diversity Manager, Black Country NHS Foundation Trust
- Rachel Higgins - Equality and Inclusion Manager, Lincolnshire Community Health Services
- Rano Bains - Head of Equality and Diversity, Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust
- Tim Couchman - Head of Equality and Diversity, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
The Scottish Government, Welsh Assembly Government and the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (Northern Ireland) are also represented on the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group.