With the launch of the new Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES), 2019 is a key year for workforce disability in the NHS. Building on the success of previous events, the 2019 Disability Summit will seek to galvanise action around issues affecting staff with disabilities across the NHS.
Held in partnership with NHS England, the event will bring together disabled staff, leaders, managers and practitioners to share their lived experiences of disability in the workplace across the health and social care sector.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discover and share ideas, and also access strategies for changing mindsets and embracing difference back in the workplace. In addition, there is the opportunity to claim up to 5 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) learning.
A selection of our speakers include
- Dr Hannah Barham-Brown – disabled doctor, advocate, TEDx speaker, profiled in the Shaw Trust Disabled Power 100 List 2018
- Lisa Rodrigues - mental health campaigner and former NHS chief executive
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Staff Disability Network
- Dorset Healthcare Hidden Talents Group
DOWNLOAD THE FULL PROGRAMME
Who should attend?
Chairs and leads of disabled staff networks, disabled staff, those with responsibility and interest in advancing workplace disability equality and equality leads.
We also welcome attendance from workforce leaders such as HR directors/managers, nursing directors and operational managers who are interested in championing disability issues and acting as allies to disabled staff.
- Access the latest information on the WDES and national policy initiatives such as Disability Confident and the Learning Disability Employment Programme.
- Hear the voices of people with a range of disabilities, learn about their experiences of working within the health and social care sector.
- Gain insights on good practice in the field of employing people with disabilities and access practical solutions to take back to your organisation.
- Improve your confidence and understanding of the inequalities and challenges faced by people with disabilities working within the NHS.
- Be part of an engaging and inspiring event with lots of opportunities to make useful connections.
Cost and bookings
£149 per person + VAT for NHS Confederation members
£199 per person + VAT for non-members
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
In order to ensure that the voices of staff with disabilities are properly heard, we have reserved a limited number of free places specifically for disabled staff which are being allocated through our regional diversity networks across the country. If you would like a free place or just want to know more, please contact Gemma Critchley at email@example.com.
Qualify for up to 5 CPD learning hours
Attendance at the Disability Summit will contribute towards your continuing professional development (CPD). To qualify, simply fill in our short form and let us know that you are interested in receiving points and we will forward your certificate after the event.
Exhibition opportunities in the learning hub
New for this year is a Learning Hub where organisations can share their experiences, learning and solutions with delegates, and help support NHS organisations with disability in the workplace. Find out who is exhibiting.
To get involved and be part of the Learning Hub contact a member of the diversity and inclusion team on 0113 3063067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow @NHSE_Diversity on Twitter and use #disabilitysummit19 to join the conversation and receive updates on the programme and speakers.