Join this webinar from the Step into Health team and learn about recruiting members of the Armed Forces who are part of the wounded, injured and sick community.
Learn about the wide range of skills and attributes these individuals can bring to organisations and how they would be ideally suited to working in the NHS.
This lunchtime webinar will feature an NHS employer which has supported people from this community into employment, a veteran who was medically discharged from the Armed Forces and now works in the NHS as well as the operations director from Walking with the Wounded, a charity which can help employers to recruit from this community.
Join our webinar and hear a different perspective.
- Think about how you can recruit from this part of the Armed Forces community
- Consider what roles would be suitable for these individuals
- Consider what internal processes would be needed to support them
- Hear what support is available from external organisations.
Who should attend?
The webinar is primarily aimed at:
- directors of workforce and their deputies
- recruitment leads
- widening participation leads.
- Chair: Gemma Wright, Armed Forces programme lead, NHS Employers
- Shelley Feaver, HR manager at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- Tommy Watson, regional operations manager at Walking with the Wounded
- Palmer Winstanley, divisional director for planned care at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions of how to join the webinar.
To participate you simply need a computer with internet access which will enable you to hear the presenters, see the slides and submit questions.
You can also choose to dial in via a telephone line to hear the presenters. To ensure that you are able to join the webinar please look at the system requirement guidance in the confirmation email.
Please ensure you dial in 10 minutes before the session is due to start.