Not all disabilities are visible - some are not obvious and can make everyday life demanding for so many people.
In the UK, 1 in 5 people have a disability, 80 per cent of which have a hidden disability.
Watch this short video to learn more about hidden disabilities.
Join our webinar
This session will provide a thought-provoking discussion on hidden disabilities and what further steps can be taken to make the NHS workplace more inclusive for people with hidden disabilities.
Our panel of speakers includes a range of disability experts and also those with first-hand experience of living with a hidden disability and working in the NHS.
Who should attend?
Anyone with a hidden disability or an interest in hidden disabilities.
Who will be speaking?
- Paul Deemer - Head of Diversity and Inclusion, NHS Employers (Co-chair)
- Emma Mendes da Costa - Inclusion Project Lead & Disability Network Chair, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (Co-chair)
- Martin O' Kane - Strategic Lead for Employment, RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People)
- Anne Cockayne - Senior Lecturer, Nottingham Business School
- Nicola Green - Capsticks
- Debra Hall - Voluntary Services Manager, Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Michelle Healy - Data Integrity Officer, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
How to register
Register via the GoToWebinar platform and follow the instructions. After completing your registration you will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. If you wish to test your system requirements, please visit GoToWebinar's test page.
Live captions will be available during the webinar and a recording of the session will be made available on this website shortly after the event. If you have any accessibility concerns please email email@example.com.