NHS Employers Step into Health and Armed Forces reservists programme teams will co-host our fourth annual Armed Forces conference on 14 March 2023.
The conference will celebrate the achievements of the huge number of NHS organisations around the country working towards becoming recognised Armed Forces friendly employers.
Delegates will gain insight into how organisations achieved coveted bronze, silver and gold awards under the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, learn about the latest developments and successes from the Step into Health programme and hear from a host of inspiring speakers, representing government, Defence Medical Service, the NHS and more.
This year’s conference will explore:
- How to attract and retain members of the Armed Forces community within your NHS workforce.
- Pledging to Step into Health: the employer journey and insight into the Armed Forces community.
- Supporting Armed Forces reserves and the wider Armed Forces community within your workforce and the benefits of doing so.
- Lived experience from members of the Armed Forces community within NHS organisations.
- Share ideas and discuss the rewards and challenges of supporting the Armed Forces community within the NHS structure.
- Gain insight on how NHS organisations are helping to tackle workforce challenges through a commitment to employing Armed Forces colleagues.
- Learn more about the benefits of Armed Forces staff networks and the improvements they bring to staff output and retention.
- Hear from Armed Forces colleagues about the huge range of transferrable skills and experience the Armed Forces community brings to the NHS.
Who should attend?
We welcome anyone with a keen interest in attending, whether you are an NHS director or manager, an Armed Forces or reservist champion, recruiter or HR professional. The conference provides a valuable learning opportunity for anyone with responsibility for widening participation, retention, equality, diversity and inclusion in the NHS.
How to book
Book your place using this link or via the button at the top of this page.
The event is being hosted virtually, via Airmeet platform software. Full joining details will be emailed to registered attendees ahead of the event.
We are committed to hosting an inclusive and accessible event that allows everyone to attend and engage fully. Should you have any additional access needs, please email the Armed Forces team at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event.