Supporting your NHS colleagues with long COVID
We hosted this webinar to explore what employers can do to support colleagues with long COVID.
Professor Anne Harris The Society of Occupational Medicine
Professor Ewan Macdonald OBE University of Glasgow Director, MacOH Ltd
Dr Ali Hashtroudi Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Jennifer Gardner NHS Employers
Alexander van Rees NHS Employers
Nicola Green Capsticks
This event featured:
- The authors of the COVID-19 return to work guidelines (published by The Society of Occupational Medicine in collaboration with the University of Glasgow) who spoke about the risks of returning to work with long COVID and the appropriate measures that can be implemented to support your colleagues.
- Representatives from legal firm Capsticks talked through the legal implications regarding what employers can and cannot do when it comes to supporting their staff with long COVID.
- Speakers from Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust shared the great work the organisation has done regarding return to work and rehabilitation support for colleagues with long COVID.
Timings of recording
- 01:26 - Nicola Green - Capsticks
- 36:08 - Prof. Ewan Macdonald and Prof. Anne Harriss - University of Glasgow and The Society of Occupational Medicine
- 1:05:36 - Dr Ali Ashtroudi - Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- 1:35:50 - Questions and answers
You can also download a copy of the slides.