NHS England is holding a series of workshops in October to give NHS staff and managers the opportunity to find out more about the Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
The WDES has been designed to advance equality within the NHS. The NHS Equality and Diversity Council has recommended that it is mandated in the NHS standard contract from April 2018, with a preparatory year in 2017-18.
These consultation workshops will bring together disabled and non-disabled NHS staff and managers to share their ideas about the experience of disabled staff and how WDES can help to deliver change.
- London – 17 October, 2-5pm, Richmond House, London.
- Taunton – 17 October, 2-5pm, South West House, Taunton.
- Leicester –19 October, 10am-1pm, Leicester Partnership NHS Trust Education and Training Centre, Beaumont Leys, NSPCC Centre, Leicester.
- WDES Webex - 20 October, 11am-1pm.
- Leeds – 21 October, 10-1pm, Quarry House, Leeds.
For further information about WDES, visit the NHS England website