As part of the Department for Work and Pensions' Fuller Working Lives strategy (2017), the National Careers Service (NCS) has teamed up with local enterprise partnerships to trial supporting local employers with their employees’ mid-life career needs.
Having access to support from the NCS careers and skills advice services can improve the retention, retraining, and recruitment of older workers. Individuals will be encouraged to rethink, refresh and reinvent their options so they can get the best of out of their working lives, which can lead to:
- increased loyalty and retention
- improved productivity
- improved training and education
- reduced recruitment costs.
The offer from the NCS for employers includes support with:
- managing workforce planning more effectively, including flexible working approaches
- upskilling the older workforce
- training for employees at the mid-life career point
- the uptake of apprenticeships for this demographic.
For more information read the Fuller Working Lives strategy and get in touch if your trust would like to engage with this initiative, or you would like further information please contact: email@example.com