We have now published our 2019/20 evidence to the NHS Pay Review Body (NHSPRB).
Our evidence has been informed by a continuous cycle of engagement with a full range of NHS organisations about their priorities.
Given the nature of the multi-year agreement reached on pay in 2018, our evidence is focused on updating the NHS Pay Review Body on implementation progress and highlighting employers concerns.
- Workforce shortages is the biggest challenge the NHS faces.
- We continue to experience one of the most financially challenging periods for the health and social care systems in the UK.
- If we are to develop a sustainable workforce with the right skills, long-term workforce planning and talent management must be a priority. This planning will take place on a large scale to better plan and develop the talent in the system.
- Transformation of NHS services will require NHS organisations to increasingly operate at a system level and work more closely with other public services.
- The NHS can only succeed if it is given sufficient resources and, just as important, if it is able to transform the way services are delivered. This transformation does also rely on investment in other public services, particularly social care.
Download the full version of our evidence for the NHSPRB.