We have published recordings of three webinars that took place throughout January and February 2019, introducing the medical associate profession (MAP) roles.
Hosted by Khalida Wilson, programme manager at NHS Employers, and Dr Sharon Harrison, national programme lead at Health Education England, these webinars walk you through how the new MAP roles are working within multi-professional teams as part of the continuing drive to provide safe, accessible and high quality care for patients
These webinars will help you understand:
- MAPs and why the roles are being introduced on a local, regional and national basis
- each of the four MAP roles in terms of their function, deployment and benefits to the delivery of patient care
- the education and training framework for each of the four MAPs
- how trusts have adapted and developed MAPs to support patient care, improve continuity of care, and assist doctors to fulfil their roles
- measures that could be used to assess the impact of deploying MAPs within NHS organisations.
Watch the webinars below.
Further information on MAPs roles can be found in our dedicated web section.