The Ministry of Defence has published the 2019 Employer Recognition Scheme award winners. We are pleased to announce that this year, 13 NHS organisations have received the gold award:
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Derbyshire Community Health Service NHS Foundation Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Northumbria NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group
- University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust.
The awards form part of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which encourages employers to demonstrate and advocate their support for the Armed Forces community in their workplace.
With the addition of this year’s winners, the NHS now has 35 organisations that have joined the alumni of gold award winners from across the UK, equating 15 per cent of the total awarded employers.
Overall there were 100 successful recipients of the recognition this year and will receive the award at a prestigious ceremony in the Autumn.
To find out more about the Employer Recognition Scheme or to work towards an award next year then visit our dedicated web page.