The shortlist for this year’s Health Service Journal (HSJ) awards has been announced.
This year, NHS Employers is sponsoring the Reservist Support Initiative award and the Workforce Initiative of the Year award. We are pleased to share that nine trusts have been recognised within the Reservist Support Initiative category and ten organisations have been shortlisted for Workforce Initiative of the Year.
The NHS Employers sponsored Reservist Support Initiative award is new for this year and aims to recognise organisations who are excelling in retaining and developing the career of reservists within the NHS by displaying innovative and partnership ways of working.
The finalists for the 2019 HSJ Reservist Support Initiative category are:
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust
- York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The Workforce Initiative of the Year award celebrates projects which drive value and create efficiencies in a flexible and adaptable workforce. This award is about recognising innovation in workforce development and will be looking to reward initiatives that develop not just the existing workforce, but looks for new ways to bring people into the NHS.
The finalists for Workforce Initiative of the Year are:
- Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
Medway Foundation Trust
- NHS England
- North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals Trust
- The Rotherham Foundation Trust
University Hospitals of Leicester Trust
- West London Trust
- Yeovil District Hospital Foundation Trust.
The shortlisted organisations will now take part in a live presentation and interview judging stage with winners being announced at an awards ceremony on Wednesday 6 November.
Access the full list of finalists on the HSJ website.