The achievements of an NHS trust and several NHS apprentices have been recognised as part of this year's National Apprenticeship Awards.
Now in its 16th year, the National Apprenticeship Awards celebrate the achievements of outstanding apprentices and apprentice employers. There are a number of regional ceremonies, with regional winners progressing to a national awards ceremony.
Two of the employer awards at the regional ceremonies were won by an NHS trust, a rising star award was given to an NHS apprentice and three more were highly commended.
The winners were as follows:
- Norfolk and Norwich NHS Foundation Trust won both the QA Award for Macro Employer of the Year and the PeoplePlus Award for Recruitment Excellence for the East of England, for the second consecutive year.
- Eleanor King, from the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust won the Lloyds Banking Group Rising Star Award for the Southwest.
Three apprentices who were highly commended for their efforts were:
- Karen Hookham of the Nothumbria Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Samuel Cowell of the Lancashire Care NHS Trust.
- Josh Penceton of the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The winners of the regional awards now progress through to the national award ceremony on the 27 November.
We would like to congratulate the regional winners and those who were highly commended and wish them luck for the national awards.
The full list of regional winners and those who were highly commended is available on the government website.