The second part of COVID-19 guidance for NHS workforce leaders is now available, to help you provide protection and support for your staff.
The guidance deals with the workforce and HR issues that are likely to arise during the current pandemic and is intended to supplement your local plans and help you enact them.
Part two of the guidance covers:
- communicating with your workforce during the pandemic
- increasing capacity through bringing back staff and additional sources of supply
- partnership working and facilities time
- assurance, including using the new fast-track DBS checking system and advice on indemnity and litigation issues during the pandemic
- enabling staff movement across organisations.
The guidance on pay, terms and conditions will be published shortly.
All the guidance has been collated by the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement, Public Health England, Health Education England and NHS Employers, so that the latest advice is available for you in one central resource.
We have also shared the guidance with colleagues from the main health unions and staff organisations, to ensure that we are taking a supportive and co-ordinated response.
It will be updated and supplemented on a regular basis, to respond to the situation as it develops and help you support your workforce.
Access the guidance on our COVID-19 web pages