The following updates have been made to the COVID-19 guidance for workforce leaders in the past few days:
Deploying nursing, midwifery and AHP students
- New information has been added about funding arrangements for enabling students to undertake paid placements and work opportunities to support NHS services during COVID-19 while remaining on their training programmes.
- Updated with information on how to conduct verification of identity checks remotely. These adjustments are aligned to guidance issued by the Home Office on right to work checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service in regard to obtaining criminal record checks.
- New links now added to information about support for redundant apprentices, apprentices being able to train in an education setting from 1 June, and regularly updated FAQs.
- Updated with more information about managing apprentices’ off-the-job training requirements and links to guidance from HASO and ESFA.
Visa extensions and application process
- Visa extensions section updated with information on indefinite leave to remain for bereaved families, as well as details of a further visa extension for overseas nationals who cannot return home due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Support available for NHS staff
- This page has been updated with new support offers for NHS staff including specific support for leaders and line managers, a free e-learning resource from HEE and Carers UK, and information for key workers on how to communicate with their children about COVID-19. It also has information on a Help Hub for families and friends who may need someone to talk to about their anxieties.