NHS staff and volunteers at the forefront of the national response to COVID-19 across England, can now access a new psychological first aid training course.
The free online course will help them to develop skills and confidence in providing psychological support to people affected by COVID-19, including on issues such as job worries, bereavement or isolation.
The course has been developed by Public Health England with support from NHS England and Health Education England.
Key things to know
- The course is free for all frontline workers and volunteers dealing with the public during the pandemic.
- It is accessed via social learning platform, Future Learn.
- No previous qualifications are required.
- Participants will be able to access articles, videos, peer reviews, and quizzes.
- Training should be considered as part of wider workplace learning.
- The course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. There are three parts which can be done in intervals or in one session.
- A certificate of achievement will be issued on completion of the course.
See the Future Learn website for more information.