See the most recent updates to the COVID-19 guidance for NHS workforce leaders
Overtime interpretation guidance - the NHS Staff Council guidance on the interpretation of overtime in the NHS terms and conditions handbook.
- information has been added on the advanced life support (ALS) courses, which have been cancelled due to social distancing requirements.
- Details have been added to this page about flexibilities with end-point assessments for those with calculated functional skills qualifications.
Additional guidance on RIDDOR reporting
- As the RIDDOR guidance was published prior to the pandemic, the HSE has produced further information on RIDDOR reporting of COVID-19, which will help to determine if you need to make a report and provides some principles to use when assessing the information and making your judgement.
Visa extensions and changes to the application process
– update to the list of professions.
– this page has been updated to reflect the current government advice on COVID-19 tests, including what to do if someone tests positive, and the NHS England Test and Trace guidance.
Support available for NHS staff
– we have added new links to NHS Library and Knowledge Services' suite of resources for talking to children and older people about COVID-19. The resources are available in a range of formats including easy read, sign language and Makaton. The materials and can be used with patients, service users, carers, and parents with a disability, impairment, or sensory loss.
Risk assessments for staff
– this page has been updated to include a risk assessment proforma tool from NHS Wolverhampton, together with a summary of principles resource on health & safety risk assessments from NHS trade unions.