NHS Employers is once again supporting the Our Health Heroes awards, which recognise the ‘shining stars’ of the health and care workforce.
The awards celebrate the efforts of health and social care support workers, who make up over 40 per cent of the workforce and are the backbone of NHS, social care, and independent health and care organisations.
NHS Employers is sponsoring the Outstanding Contribution award.
Rebecca Smith, managing director, NHS Employers said: “NHS Employers is proud once again to have the opportunity to sponsor the Outstanding Contribution award, to ensure we recognise all our teams, who go above and beyond for our patients every day.
“This is a wonderful way to shine a light on those whose contribution and dedication deserves to be recognised and celebrated, but who often go unacknowledged, and it’s especially welcome now, at a time when the COVID-19 crisis has put unprecedented strain on all our staff.”
The other categories highlight areas often not considered, including: Clinical and Operational Services Support staff, Apprentices, Independent Health and Social Care workers, Learning and Development teams, Integrated Teams, and importantly Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
If you know someone who deserves recognition, submit your entry at: www.skillsforhealth.org.uk/ohh
The closing date for nominations is October 25.
Entries will be shortlisted, and finalists will be chosen by expert panel before winners are announced next year.
- Clinical Support Worker of the Year – Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Operational Services Support Worker of the Year – Gold, Silver, Bronze – sponsored by UNISON
- Apprentice of the Year – Gold, Silver, Bronze – sponsored by UNISON
- Independent Health and Social Care Worker of the Year – Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Outstanding Contribution – Gold, Silver, Bronze - sponsored by NHS Employers
- Integrated Team of the Year – one winner
- Digital Innovation person/team of the Year – one winner
- Learning and Development project/team of the Year – one winner
- Health and Wellbeing Employer of the Year – one winner