There are discounts and priority shopping times available to NHS staff to ensure they can access essential items and to say thank you for their hard work during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s important that NHS and social care workers display their NHS ID when visiting stores to gain access and/or discount. We will continue to update and add to the list but please note that offers will be subject to change.
NHS England and NHS Improvement has an NHS staff offers list which details offers from a wide range of companies.
Many of the major supermarkets have reserved time for NHS workers to do their shopping outside of busy periods.
- Sainsbury’s – Monday to Saturday from 7.30am - 8am
- Tesco - If there’s a queue, NHS staff can go to the front with a valid ID.
- Co-operative - Monday to Saturday, 8am – 9am, Sunday, 10am – 11am.
- Marks and Spencer - Tuesday and Friday – the first hour of opening.
- Morrisons - 6am to 7am, Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 10am on Sundays.
- Aldi - open 30 minutes early on Sundays for NHS, police and fire service.
- Booths - Monday to Saturday, 7am – 8am (excluding Media City).
Restaurants and takeaways offering discounts
- YO! Sushi – 25 per cent off all food with a Blue Light Card. Get a code from the Blue Light card website or app.
- WHSmith - 20 per cent off all food and drinks in hospital stores.
- LEON – 30 per cent off takeaway food.
- Las Iguanas - 50 per cent off at locations that remain open for takeaway.
- Mindful Chef - 30 per cent discount on recipe boxes and ready meals. Email email@example.com from your NHS email account to get a code.
Keep checking this Twitter feed for the latest national and local offers.
- Superdrug - 10 per cent discount in store when using a Superdrug health and beauty card and a valid NHS ID card.
- SoleCup - 25 per cent off in its online shop that sells long-life premium reusable cups and other related products.
Cars & bikes
- Halfords is offering 7.5 per cent discount. Staff need to show their ID card at any Halfords or Halfords Autocentres.
- Green Flag is offering NHS staff an additional 10 per cent discount on top of their regular online discount, for any new breakdown policy. They are also offering free recovery for NHS staff on their way to and from work.
- Rhino Car Hire is offering up to 10 per cent off worldwide car hire. Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your NHS email account with your rental requirements for a personalised quotation.
- Transport for London is offering NHS staff free 24-hour access to Santander Cycles, including all journeys under 30 minutes. Speak to your NHS comms team to get a code.
Health and wellbeing
- Fiit Premium is offering three months free premium membership to all NHS staff. To redeem this offer go to getfiit.tv/nhs and fill out the short form.
- Nourish, the parental wellbeing app, is offering NHS workers and critical workers free access to its premium version of the app until the end of June 2021.