NHS frontline staff and volunteers that come into contact with children and young people, can access a new psychological first aid training course developed by Public Health England (PHE).
The free online course will help staff develop skills and confidence in providing psychological support to children and young people during crises situations such as COVID-19. The training focuses on helping them feel safe, connected, and supported, and prevent problems from occurring or worsening.
Key things to know:
- The course is free for all frontline workers and volunteers who care for or are regularly in contact with children and young people aged up to 25 (including parents and caregivers).
- The course takes three hours to complete and is split into three sessions that the learner can complete at their own pace.
- No previous qualifications are required.
- Training should be considered as part of wider workplace learning.
- A certificate of achievement will be issued on completion of the course.
See the Future Learn website for more information.