Armed Forces Week is a national celebration of our Armed Forces organised by the Ministry of Defence. This year, celebrations will be held from the 21 June to the 27 June, with Reserves Day on the 23 June and Armed Forces Day on the 26 June.
The week presents an excellent opportunity to celebrate the members of the Armed Forces community within your NHS organisation, show off the support you offer members of the Armed Forces community and raise your public profile as a Forces-friendly employer. We encourage all organisations to get involved by:
- encouraging your reservist employees, where appropriate, to wear their uniforms to work on Reserves Day
- thanking members of the Armed Forces community in your workforce on social media on Reserves Day and Armed Forces Day
- sharing relevant content throughout the week – make sure to tag @NHSEArmedForces on Twitter
- highlighting the value of the Armed Forces community to your organisation by sharing blogs and case studies.
Visit the official Armed Forces Day website and the Reserves Day web page for inspiration and resources, including logos, official images, toolkits and more.
We are also excited to announce our Armed Forces Week activities, which will include:
- An online reservist information and Q&A session on the 23 June themed around how to support NHS organisations to become forces-friendly employers with the aim of enabling managers to better understand how to support their reservist employees.
- A Step into Health remote session conducted in partnership with RFEA - The Forces Employment Charity on the 25 June which will be live streamed across our social media channels and will explore recruiting members of the Armed Forces community into the NHS.
- A celebration of NHS organisations which have pledged to Step into Health.
- Our annual social media campaign – follow @NHSEArmedForces on Twitter and keep an eye on our Armed Forces Champions Facebook group and Step into Health Facebook group to get involved.
Want to learn more about the Armed Forces community?
Visit our web pages and explore our blogs and case studies to learn more about the Armed Forces community, and check out our infographic, which outlines five simple steps you can take to become a Forces-friendly employer.