FAQs on support during strike action of junior doctors
To help with workforce planning, we have prepared some frequently asked questions (FAQs) on consultant and specialty and specialist (SAS) doctor support during junior doctor strike action as well as FAQs on pay and contract details.
These FAQs were last updated on 17 March with new questions and clarifications on deductions and cover arrangements following our recent engagement session with Capsticks and employers.
Consultant and SAS doctor FAQs
The FAQ’s cover:
- renumeration of consultants and SAS doctors that agree to provide cover as additional work
- possible changes to job plans
- national and local policies to used when organising cover
- acting down
- working time regulations and compensatory rest
- cancelled activity as a result of industrial action.
Please note these FAQ’s are supplementary to the industrial action FAQ's already published on our website.
Pay and contract FAQs
Theses FAQs cover:
- how to calculate a day’s pay
- who can participate in industrial action
- those working under a visa.