Last night (Thursday 17 November), the HSJ Awards celebrated the outstanding efforts and achievements that NHS teams across the sector have delivered.
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) and its partners Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust and Sheffield Health and Social Care Foundation Trust have won the HSJ award for Workforce Initiative of the Year, which NHS Employers is proud to sponsor.
The Workforce Initiative of the Year award celebrates projects which drive value and create efficiencies in a flexible and adaptable workforce.
The three organisations winning entry is: Clinical Associate in Psychology: An apprenticeship model for a future sustainable and diverse psychology workforce. This programme was developed to address shortages of staff in the psychology workforce.
Judges said: “This was a very powerful and practical workforce initiative which hits the purpose of this award on the head."
Modality Partnership was highly commended for its Thinking Outside the Box project.
Congratulations too to all the other finalists in this category, which included:
- Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care System, 'I Can' Programme
- Connecting Futures Collaborative, A Regional Refugee Doctor Programme
- Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care Board, LAMP Programme
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, Medical Intern Project
- NHS England, RefuAid, Talent Beyond Boundaries, Liverpool John Moores University and Partners, Refugee Nursing Support Programme
- Northern Care Alliance Foundation Trust, Planning for the Future
- West London Trust , CAMHS Training and Progression Programme
Access a full list of categories and their winners on the HSJ website.