New guidance has been published by the NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group (JEG).
Revised clinical support worker profiles
JEG has recently undertaken a review of the band 2 and 3 clinical support worker (CSW) profiles. Some small changes have been made which will assist in clarifying the differences between the two profiles. These have now been agreed by the NHS Staff Council and the combined nursing profiles have been updated to reflect the agreed amendments.
Guidance for matching clinical support worker roles
Following these changes, the group has produced two guidance notes:
- This guidance document for employers emphasises the importance of employers updating job descriptions to ensure they are consistent with the work staff are being asked to undertake. Download and read the guidance in full.
- Advice for job evaluation panels has also been created to ensure a robust and consistent matching process is undertaken. Read the guidance for job matching panels.
Guidance on restoring job evaluation
As part of the post-pandemic recovery, JEG has produced some supporting guidance to help NHS organisations adopt good practice and mitigate legal risk upon returning to business as usual.
This guidance covers:
- COVID-19 job evaluation advice
- Virtual job matching
- Virtual panels
- Maintaining capacity to ensure compliance
- Temporary solutions
- The risks of using external resources and third-party consultants
- Experience of using external third-party providers
- Restoration, recovery and reset
- Advice and resources from JEG.