Nominations are now open for the 2023 Skills for Health Our Health Heroes Awards, celebrating the wider healthcare workforce.
Now in its seventh year, Our Health Heroes recognises and honours the hard work carried out daily by thousands of healthcare support staff in roles vital to the provision of patient care.
NHS Employers will be continuing its support for the awards this year and is sponsoring the Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to Healthcare category.
Nominations are now live until Monday 20 February.
Danny Mortimer, chief executive of NHS Employers, said: “NHS Employers is proud to support the Our Health Heroes Awards Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to Healthcare category for 2023.
“It is especially important to recognise the amazing work of healthcare workers in these challenging times for the system and to ensure we celebrate all the amazing people who work across the health service going above and beyond every day for patients and their colleagues.
“These awards offer a great opportunity to show our appreciation for the truly incredible people whose contribution and dedication makes such a huge difference every day.”
The award categories
- Clinical Support Worker of the Year
- Operational Support Worker of the Year – sponsored by UNISON
- Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to Healthcare – sponsored by NHS Employers
- Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by UNISON
- NHS Improvement through Digital Innovation
- Dedication to a Lifelong Learning Culture – sponsored by SFJ Awards
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champion (new for 2023)
- Best Integrated Care Workforce Programme
- Best Health and Care Initiative by a UK Charity
- Best Emergency Services Collaboration
- Best Healthcare Initiative in a Community or Criminal Justice Setting