Recruit and retain young people toolkit
A series of practical guides on recruiting and retaining young people in the NHS.
This updated toolkit contains advice, tools and resources to help you attract and recruit young people, to support them to stay in their roles and to become a valuable asset to your organisation and the wider NHS workforce.
The toolkit is aimed at employers and managers and can be used alongside our inspire, attract and recruit toolkit to support your wider workforce supply.
The latest updates include:
- The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust career pathway 360 tour, showcasing what life is like in a hospital and the range of roles needed to keep a busy hospital running.
- Health Education England’s work experience resource toolkits for health and care organisations.
- DBS guide and animation: A guide to DBS checks explains the DBS checking system in detail and is a useful resource for candidates during recruitment. The guide is also available as an animation.
- Top tip regarding internet access for those applying for work.
Business case for supporting a partnership with The Prince’s Trust
Key areas to consider when presenting your business case.
The updated business case and accompanying PowerPoint slides will help you to present the case for supporting a partnership with The Prince’s Trust to board members and senior leaders. It highlights the key benefits that employing young people will bring to your organisation as part of a long-term strategic approach to workforce planning.
The latest version includes:
- Updated statistics around recruitment of young people.
Reducing the delay between job offer and start date
Tips to streamline your recruitment of young people and reduce start-time delay.
The latest version of this resource includes a podcast and summary of the work carried out by The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust to reduce start-time delay, including the move to recruit all young people on the Get into hospitals programme as volunteers during their work experience.
If you have good practice examples of recruiting or retaining young people in the NHS that you'd like to share, please contact email@example.com.