The list of resources below relate to GP practices who employ doctors in training.
The service includes a series of webinars that will be aimed at specific groups engaged with the implementation of the 2016 contract. Recordings will be available to download and view after each event together with a series of FAQs based on the questions raised during the webinar. The recordings of the first two webinars are available at the bottom of this page.
The following webinars have been run so far on the service.
Webinar: Introduction to the 2016 contract for doctors in training in GP settings
- Practice managers and staff involved in payroll and issuing contracts of employment
Friday 28 July 2017 11am-12pm – download the slides
- Payroll providers to GP practices
Friday 28 July 2017 2pm-3pm – download the slides
- GP trainers and other educational staff
Tuesday 3 October 2017 1pm-2pm - download the slides
- GP practice managers
Tuesday 3 October 2017 11am-12pm - download the slides
Catch up on the webinar below, topics covered include:
- how to correctly calculate salary details
- how to roster working hours to meet safety requirements
- how to design and issue fit-for-purpose work schedules
- how to respond appropriately to exception reporting
- appointment of a guardian of safe working hours.
Webinar: GP trainee 2016 contract advisory service webinar for payroll providers
Payroll providers can listen to the webinar below, topics covered include:
- setting the context of the contract
- pay elements
- work schedules.
Webinar: 2016 terms and conditions for GP trainers.
GP trainers can catch up on the webinar below, the session covered:
- An overview of the 2016 junior doctors' contract.
- Details on how to roster working hours to meet safety requirements.
- Details on how to design and issue fit for purpose work schedules.
- Details on how to respond appropriately to exception reporting.
- Q&A session.